Don't Let Drugs Tie You Down

Happy Tie Day. Today I'm excited because we wore ties to show that we are too sharp to let drugs tie us down ... or up!


When I went through Mr. Gruener's closet, it came down to the Tuba tie or the Tigger tie. In the end, I wore the Tigger Tie. Tigger from Winnie the Pooh is one of my all-time favorite storybook characters. He's so bouncy and fun and it's plum adorable when he bounces his friends. {Sorry, Rabbit!}

And though I've got a soft spot in my heart for Eeyore, too, I'd much rather go through life as a Tigger. I tend to also surround myself with Tiggers because they're just so joyful and uplifting.



Our character cam peeked in at lunch to find our Kinder friends
ready to enjoy their lunch with their ties tucked behind them.
So super smart!


This little friend explained to me that he wanted to wear a tie but his mom doesn't know how to tie a tie so she had him wear tie-dye instead. That gave me a good laugh, so I emailed her to ask for permission to post this picture of her sunshine son. Tie-dye on Tie Day ... sounds like something I'd do!


Can you see why this is my favorite week of the year?
Anyway, the character cam also caught a cute classroom project;
 check out this clever tie-in with our theme.


After talking about today's theme, this class wrote about and drew the people and things that lift them up

My bucket runneth over ...





4 comments

  1. I LOVE Tie Day!! I want to have Tie Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhythm, you'd look GREAT in a tie. I wonder if you'd have picked Tigger or the Tuba .....

      Delete
  2. That's a cool idea!
    We've never met :) but I can totally see you as a "tigger" person...which is a very good way to be:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Barb. It was a fun theme for sure! I'd peg you as a Tigger, too ... am I right?

      Delete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!